KARENEVA LAW FIRM, PLLC is a provider of immigration legal services in the Denton and Dallas areas of the State of Texas. Our Firm’s Founder and Manager ELENA MARIA LEIALANI KARENEVA is a Member of the National American Immigration Lawyers Association (“AILA”) and of the local Texas-New Mexico AILA chapter.
We began operations in 2002 as we established our first business office in Lewisville, Denton County, Texas. Originally we started out as LAW OFFICE OF ELENA KARENEVA and subsequently the professional limited liability of KARENEVA LAW FIRM, PLLC was formed to keep up with the fast growing pace of our immigration practice. The core business infrastructure technology, services, and commerce applications are now known as the KARENEVA LAW FIRM, PLLC.
In 2003 we opened our new office in Carrollton, Dallas County, Texas to further offer on-site family and business immigration consultations to over clients from over 36 countries from around the world, with the main emphasis on Latin America (Mexico, Peru, El Salvador, Honduras, Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Costa Rica), Eastern and Western Europe (Germany, France, Russia, Bulgaria and Romania, Portugal, Italy, Danmark, Sweden, Lithuania) and Asia and Polynesia (South Korea, China and Vietnam, Philippines, Tonga).
Our Firm handles legal matters in the following practice areas: Immigration and Naturalization, Business Immigration, Citizenship, Consular Processing, Deportation and Removal Proceedings, Employment Authorization, Employment Immigration, Employment Visas, Family Immigration Law, Immigration Law, Investor Visas, Labor Certification, Permanent Visas, Political Asylum, Refugee Law, Religious Visas, Family Law.
KARENEVA LAW FIRM, PLLC provides its clients with realistic case assessments and practical strategies in matters before the U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Department of State, Office of the Immigration Judge (Removal/Deportation Proceedings), Board of Immigration Appeals, and U.S. District Courts and Courts of Appeal. Our Company’s areas of expertise include:
- Adjustment of status/permanent residence processing
- Asylum cases
- Business, professional, investor and religious worker visas (e.g. E-1, H-1B, H-2B, L-1, O, P, R-1 visas)
- Criminal alien issues,
- Deportation/removal proceedings,
- Employment/corporate immigration matters
- Family visa matters, including marriage and fiancé visas
- Labor certification processing,
- Overseas consular processing,
- Student visa matters
- U.S. citizenship.
ABOUT OUR PRACTICE…
Our Firm assists individuals and businesses in the U.S. and abroad to achieve their goals in an efficient manner and provide responsive counsel throughout all steps in the process. In providing the highest quality representation in all U.S immigration related manners, our Firm strives to serve the clients with creativity, sensitivity and diligence, three of the most important qualities an immigration lawyer can possess.
Following is a summary of all services included in our legal practice: Immigration and Naturalization; Business Immigration; Citizenship; Consular Law; Deportation; Employment Authorizations; Employment Immigration; Employment Visas; Family Immigration Law; Immigration Law; Investor Visas; Labor Certifications; Permanent Visas; Political Asylum; Refugee Law; Religious Visas.
ABOUT OUR FOUNDER AND MANAGER…
Our Founder and Manager ELENA MARIA LEIALANI KARENEVA, was born in Sofia, Bulgaria and her main field of expertise is immigration and nationality law. Ms. ELENA MARIA LEIALANI KARENEVA obtained her law degree in 1989 from the University of Sofia Law School in Bulgaria prior to immigrating to the United States. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Political Science in 1992 and Master’s degree in History in 1994 from Midwestern State University in Texas and in 1997 she graduated suma cum laude from Texas Tech School of Law in Lubbock, Texas. Ms. ELENA MARIA LEIALANI KARENEVA is fluent in Bulgarian, Russian, Romanian, Italian, French and Spanish.
Ms. ELENA MARIA LEIALANI KARENEVA began her immigration legal practice in 1997 when she joined the international law firm of Jones, Day, Reavis and Pogue in Dallas, Texas. Later she became part of the business immigration law practice of Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP in Dallas, Texas with an emphasis on corporate and business immigration transactions. And last but not least, she continued her immigration experience with Jackson Walker in Dallas, Texas prior to opening her own law firm in 2002.
Ms. ELENA MARIA LEIALANI KARENEVA is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (National) and of the AILA Texas Chapter, of the State Bar of Texas and of the Denton County Bar Association and the Denton County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
She dedicates time to share her knowledge of Eastern Europe with Denton County: she has served as an Adjunct Professor of Business Law, History of Eastern Europe, Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolutions and Immigration Law at Texas Woman's University in Denton. She has previously taught as an Adjunct Professor of Business Law at the University of North Texas College of Business Administration in Denton, Texas and as an Adjunct Professor for the Executive Master of Business Administration Program, Negotiation and Contracts at Texas Woman's University, Department of Business and Management in Denton, Texas.
Ms. ELENA MARIA LEIALANI KARENEVA is the author of the following immigration law article published by the Midwestern State University college press: "Inconsistency and Confusion with Call-In Special Registration", and presented her law article "Hot Immigration Topics for Small Business Owners" before the Dallas Metropolitan Association of Subcontractors in Dallas, Texas in September of 2003. Our Manager presented her law article "Mail-Order Brides, Green Cards and Other Immigration Issues in Family Law" before the Denton County Family Law Section in September of 2003.
ABOUT OUR GOALS…
We strive to find solutions to the vast array of issues clients present and our Firm keeps current with an ever-changing landscape of statutes, regulations, case law and policy. With such a foundation, our Firm focuses its efforts toward creatively tapping into this complex bank of information and devising the best approach to a client's particular set of circumstances.
Having counseled international clients in immigration-related matters for the past 8 (eight) years, our Firm’s Founder and Manager ELENA MARIA LEIALANI KARENEVA is sensitive to the type of service an immigration law client needs and has the experience and insight to help clients achieve the result they are seeking. Whether it be a corporation seeking to staff its newly established U.S. branch with key overseas personnel or an individual seeking to remain united with family members in the U.S., we are familiar with the wide variety of concerns (legal or otherwise) the client faces and exercise judgment that best suits the client's needs. Ms. ELENA MARIA LEIALANI KARENEVA is a native of Bulgaria, Eastern Europe and attained Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas in 1997. She is fluent in five (5) languages: Bulgarian, Spanish, Russian, French and Italian. All of our legal assistants are multi-lingual, which facilitates our communication process with our clients.
Monitoring the progress of a client's case and keeping them informed as to important developments are the two key functions of any immigration attorney. By diligently carrying out these roles, the Firm helps ensure the most expeditious processing of our clients' cases and at the same time, heighten their awareness and overall confidence in the process at issue.
ABOUT GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY…
At our Firm we take pride of helping the less fortunate members of our Hispanic, Tongan and Phillipine communities as well as the Hispanic churches and their religious workers pro bono or at discounted rates. We provide immigration consultations for the Hispanic community of the Dallas and Fort Worth Catholic parishes once a week and we work closely with the Dallas-Fort Worth Dioceses in coordinating our efforts to serve the Latino community. Our immigration sessions are free of charge and consist of an informative lecture on the new federal immigration laws and proposals. At the end of each session we answer immigration questions of the parishioners and review their paperwork. Enclosed is a list of all of the Hispanic parishes who are our pro bono clients:
- Philippine Consulate of Oahu, Hawaii
- Maria Lanakila Catholic Church, Lahaina, Hawaii. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- St. Theresa Catholic Church, Kihei, Hawaii. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- Christ the King Catholic Church, Kahului, Hawaii. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- St. John Nepomucene Catholic Parish, Ennis, Texas. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Parish, Pilot Point, Texas. Free Group Consultations and Individual Sessions with Parishioners, and also immigration assistance to Deacon Camargo.
- Inmaculada Concepcion Catholic Parish, Denton, Texas. Free Group Consultations, Question and Answer Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- St. James, Catholic Parish, Dallas, Texas. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- Saint Ann Catholic Parish, Coppell, Texas. Free Group Consultations and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- Holy Cross Catholic Parish, Dallas, Texas. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- Nuestra Señora del Pilar Catholic Parish, Dallas, Texas. Free Group Consultations and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- St. Stephen, Weatherford Catholic Parish, Texas. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- St. Edwards Catholic Parish, Dallas. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- Holy Cross Catholic Parish, The Colony. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- Corpus Christi Catholic Parish, Ferris, Texas. Free Group Consultations, Questions and Answers Sessions and Individual Sessions with Parishioners.
- Iglesia de Tabernaculo de Restauracion, Dallas. Free Preparation and Filing of Petition for Religious Worker for Sister Ana Paez of Colombia.
- Brazilian Assembly of God, Dallas. Free Consultations on Religious Workers Visas and Requirements; Free Immigration Assistance to Members of the church.
- Regular Appearances on Channel 38. We appear regularly on Brazilian TV in Dallas at Channel 38 for Questions and Answers Session with Brazilian TV viewers.